Mayor Walsh Brings Winter Food Trucks to City Hall Plaza
This year, saying hello to the blistering winter cold does not have to mean having to say goodbye to your favorite food trucks like it has in the past. In an effort to help support local businesses, Mayor Marty Walsh has announced that City Hall Plaza’s food truck vending program will begin operating year-round as of this winter. This new change to the food truck vending program will allow Boston’s local food trucks to obtain access to customers during the very busy and highly profitable weekday lunch rush in Downtown. Not only will this program expansion help bolster the thriving local food truck community, but it will provide Downtown residents and workers with an even greater options for a tasty lunch.
City Hall Plaza has opted to base three food trucks in the plaza each weekday, Monday through Friday. The city’s 70 food trucks participated in a mini lottery to determine who would claim these desirable sites, and the results were recently announced. The City Hall Plaza food truck schedule for winter 2014 is as follows:
1. Bon Me- A Vietnamese food truck serving sandwiches, rice bowls, and noodle bowls
2. Bone Daddy Burgers- A burger food truck serving traditional and experimental gourmet burgers and fries
3. The third truck to receive a Monday space is still being decided upon.
1. Green Bean Mobile Cafe- A coffee food truck that also serves sandwiches and wraps
2. Savory Food Truck- A Chinese food truck that serves traditional Chinese take out dishes, such as rice and noodle dishes with beef, pork, and chicken
3. Walloon’s- A pommes frites food truck that offers traditional pommes frites with an array of dipping sauces as well as specialty poutines
1. Sheherazad- A Middle Eastern food truck that specializes in wraps and salads
2. The Pasta Pot- A pasta food truck that serves many varieties of pasta dishes as well as mobile food favorites such as chicken tenders and hot dogs
3. The Taco Truck- A taco food truck serving gourmet tacos with artful culinary twists
1. Mediterranean Home Cooking- A mediterranean food truck that serves a traditional mediterranean byrek with many filling options
2. Moyzilla- An Asian food truck known for its traditional Asian street food and hand folded dumplings
3. Uyghur Kitchen- A kebab food truck with a variety of skewer, wrap, and salad options
1. Chicken & Rice Guys- A food truck that serves a dish of chicken and rice with a special sauce
2. Posto Mobile- A pizza food truck that serves traditional Italian pizza as well as pastas and salads
3. Teri-Yummy- A teriyaki food truck with many rice, pasta, and vegetable teriyaki options
The aforementioned food trucks will be located at City Hall Plaza between the hours of 10 am and 6 pm from now until the spring food truck schedule is released in April 2015. The winter food truck schedule can be viewed and downloaded from the City of Boston’s official website, and social media savvy residents can follow their favorite food trucks on Twitter and Facebook for daily updates on food truck specials.
Thanks to Mayor Marty Walsh’s commitment to local businesses, Downtown residents will now have continuous access to Boston’s best local street food. Even on the go, Downtown Boston supplies the most choices and best perks to those who live and work in this vibrant neighborhood.