Spend Halloween In Downtown Boston
Halloween is almost here, and downtown Boston has a plethora of spook-tastic events for residents. Whether you’re looking for a costume contest for the kid in you, a fancy gala where your costume couture will do some good, or an over 21 pub crawl just for kicks, there are so many tempting events. Grab your favorite costume or plan a few looks for your weekend, and then head out to the streets this Friday and Saturday.
October 31 Halloween Events
Happening on Friday night, these events from the gamut from casual to chic.
- Boston Ballet’s Black and White Masquerade, Boston Opera House – Choose the side of good or evil, light or dark, black of white as this upscale costumed gala, which starts at 7:30 p.m. Dress is mandatory black or white wear, and you can pick up a complementary black or white mask at the Opera House. Mingle with arts VIPs and see Mikko Nissinen’s Swan Lake in its premiere. Tickets can be purchased online.
- SBS’s Halloween Bash, Warehouse Bar & Grille – Starting at 9:00 p.m., sports fans can mingle individually or as a team at the Social Boston Sports annual Halloween bash, sponsored by Magic Hat and Deep Eddy Vodka. Tickets can be purchased online. Tickets include two drink tickets (one must be used in the first hour) and an hour of free apps.
- Fear at Revere 2, Revere Hotel – If you’re after a spooky dance party, then you’ll want to head to the Revere Hotel for this second annual Halloween rave. DJ Hevan is spinning, there is going to be an epic LED light show, and you can dance it up in your costume. This event is in Space 57, which is a unique blank canvas event space in the hotel. The doors open at 9:00 p.m., and you can put yourself on the waitlist for this epic bash online.
November 1 Halloween Events
The fun doesn’t end on Friday. Saturday offers a pub crawl trick or treat and a swanky fundraiser that will allow you to party for the greater good:
- Halloween Crawl with Crawl in Boston, Faneuil Hall – Pick up a wristband to get you into all of the bars at this Faneuil Hall-area pub crawl. The fun starts at noon and goes until 7:00 p.m. This is the original Halloween bar crawl and has become quite an epic tradition, so it’s definitely not to be missed if throwing them back in a costume is your thing. You’ll also receive a beanie, Halloween-themed temporary tattoos, and photo booth credits. Buy tickets online. If you decide to go, note that you must arrive by 3:00 p.m. or your spot can be re-sold.
- Halloween For Hope , The Place – After the pub crawl, you can head to The Place for a 9:30 p.m. costume content and dance gala. Mingle with friends in the gala, which benefits breast cancer charities Ellie Fund and The Slater Foundation. Tickets for this event includes three drink tickets and complimentary appetizers. There will be prizes for the best costumes, so get creative and you just might take home a fun prize! Get tickets online.
While you’re out at these weekend events, you’re sure to see a range of kids (and adults) trick or treating at Downtown Crossing stores and downtown Boston apartment buildings. Stay safe out there this Halloween weekend, and remember not to eat all your candy at once.